Friday, November 7, 2008

prop 8?

as exciting as it is that african americans are making a step forward with obama now the president elect, how sad is it that gays in california have now been pushed back with prop 8? if i have the option to marry who i choose, why shouldnt anyone else?
i liked what melissa etheridge says in this article... "
Okay, so I am taking that to mean I do not have to pay my state taxes because I am not a full citizen. I mean that would just be wrong, to make someone pay taxes and not give them the same rights... Oh, and I am sure Ellen will be a little excited to keep her bazillion bucks that she pays in taxes too. Wow, come to think of it, there are quite a few of us fortunate gay folks that will be having some extra cash this year. What recession? We're gay!"

No comments:

Post a Comment